Welcome to Casually Coastal!



Welcome to Casually Coastal, a blog about realistic coastal living in Annapolis, Maryland. I'm Kat, a 26 year old PhD student studying science in Baltimore (read, I am a nerd) and living with my boyfriend who is stationed here in Annapolis with the Navy. We are living in a 100 year old colonial house that has had a colorful history of owners and tenants. We have been loving decorating, landscaping and renovating (well mostly my boyfriend, he's quite good at fixing things. I provide solid moral support and tool passing skills.) this historic property

Like many Gen Xers I have spent my fare share of time scrolling through Instagram and Pinterest and swooning over the perfectly manicured minimalist/rose gold/neutral/jungalow/(insert your favorite trendy style here) aesthetics rampant on social media today.

 Don't get me wrong, they are beautiful and so tastefully done like every advertisement I've seen on my favorite interior decor website. But through this, I found the content I really related to was content from real people living real, relatable lives. Like honestly, how does any average person have a room just for their shoes and wallets?

 I find I am most inspired by homes I could see myself living in. Like mannequins that display clothes in many body types, I find it much more enjoyable to find content and homes that look more like the average. I love mixing quality pieces that will last many years, with vintage and handmade pieces collected, and fun trendy finds from big box home good stores to keep things fresh. I post pictures daily on my instagram account @casually_coastal_ and will be posting more links and long form content here! Check back here for more fun content and be sure to stop by my instagram! 

Comments

Popular Posts